Last updated: 02/24/2020
What Categories of Personal Information Do We Collect, and How Do We Obtain the Personal Information?
We may collect certain information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or household (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information. We may collect the following types of information:
- Identifiers, such as name, phone numbers, postal address, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, email address, and account name. We collect this information when you purchase something from our store or otherwise interact with our products or services. We automatically receive your computer’s IP address when you browse our website. We also may receive this information from our service providers and marketing partners.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our website, applications or advertisements. You provide this information to us or automatically through your interaction with our products or services. We also may receive this information from our service providers or marketing partners. For more information about cookies, please see below.
- Commercial information, such as records of the products or services you purchased or considered purchasing. You provide this information to us or automatically through your interaction with our products or services. We also may receive this information from our service providers or marketing partners.
- Geolocation information. We obtain your IP address when you interact with our website, and your IP address provides information about your approximate location.
- Financial information, such as your credit or debit card number. You provide this information to us when you purchase our products or services, although we do not maintain your card information.
What is Our Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information, and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may use or share your Personal Information as follows:
- Identifiers: We may use your identifiers: (1) to provide our products and services; (2) to administer your account and process your payments for products and services; (3) to operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes; (4) to send marketing materials about products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting; and (5) to comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements. We may share this information with service providers, advertising networks, and data analytics providers.
- Internet or similar network activity: We may use this information to customize the website according to your interests, to help us improve our products and services, and to process your payments for products and services. See below for additional information about advertising and analytics services provided by others. We also may use this information to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share this information with service providers for fraud protection. We also may share this information with advertising networks and data analytics providers.
- Commercial information: We may use this information to customize the website according to your interests, to help us improve our products and services, and to process your payments for products and services. We may share this information with advertising networks and data analytics providers.
- Geolocation information: We may use this information to customize the website according to your interests, to help us improve our products and services, and to process your payments for products and services. We also may use this information to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share this information with service providers for fraud protection. We also may share this information with advertising networks and data analytics providers.
- Financial information: We use financial information you provide to us to process and fulfill your purchases. We may share this information with a service provider who processes your payment. We also may use this information to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share this information with service providers for fraud protection.
In addition, where consistent with appropriate laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information if such disclosure is:
- necessary to prepare, negotiate or perform a contract with you;
- needed to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger or divestiture; or
- necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the companies to whom we share your Personal Information are contractually obligated to keep the personal information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit.
No Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold and will not sell any Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties without your consent. We also have not and will not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age to non-affiliated third parties without affirmative consent.
Information about Advertising and Analytics Services
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and all marketing offers. Learn more about website cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you send a request to websites to not track your online activities. We, like many other retailers, do not honor those requests.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Perfumania is based in the United States. If you are accessing our website or services from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the services may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the U.S.
Legal Basis for Processing. When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, if you are a customer, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our services, and to provide, secure, and improve our services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Retention. We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests. Individuals located in the EEA have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send an email message to email@example.com or call our customer service representatives at (754)799-5700.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Children Under the Age of 16
We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 16, unless the personal data is submitted by a provider for use of our services and with parental consent. Our website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16, and no one under the age of 16 may provide information on this website.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. While no company can guarantee your Personal Information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use controls that are consistent with industry standard retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks in today's online environment.
Customer Privacy Rights
We provide our customers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes the rights that we provide and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, or Disclosed
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we can disclose to you: (1) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the Personal Information; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing that Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information; and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
To submit a request to know about your Personal Information collected, please either:
- Call (754)799-5700; or
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Delete Personal Information Collected or Maintained
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your request and verify your identity, we will permanently delete your Personal Information from our records, unless a legal exception to deletion applies. In our response to your request to delete, we will specify the manner in which we have deleted your Personal Information or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
To submit a request to delete, please:
- Call (754)799-5700 or
- Send a request to email@example.com
Authorizing an Agent
You may designate an authorized agent to submit your consumer request on your behalf, so long the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
Verifying Your Request
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To verify your identity, we ask that you provide us with the following information when you submit your request: (1) first name, (2) last name, and (3) phone number or email. We will use the above information to verify your identity. We will require additional information to verify your identity and fulfill your request depending on your type of request or the information requested by you.
Financial Incentives and Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these privacy rights. However, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection and use of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law, and such offers may result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive is described in its program terms. For details of our current financial incentive program and its terms, including how to opt-in or opt-out of the program, as well as the benefits of the program, please refer to [insert where consumer can identify rewards program terms and conditions]. Participation in our rewards program is optional, and you can opt-out of the program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the incentives) by following the instructions in the program’s descriptions and terms.
California Shine the Light Law
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may request the names and addresses of affiliated companies and categories of Personal Information we share for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at (754)799-5700.
Technical: These cookies are essential for our services to function properly and include: (1) remembering your log-in details, (2) making sure you are secure when logged in, (3) offering live chat support, (4) remembering what is in your shopping cart, and (5) remembering how far you are through your order.
Performance: These cookies collect information about your browsing behavior and how you engage and interact with our services. These cookies allow us to enhance the performance of the website and enhance the user experience. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
Analytics: We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we may use these cookies to learn more about which products you purchase and which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
Advertising: We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver adverting targeted to your interests, deliver customized campaigns, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites and mobile applications. For example, we may deliver customized campaigns in partnership with Facebook and Google, and we may use services to deliver tailored promotions to you.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google's opt out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, or Google Ads settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” setting.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make material changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
11920 Miramar Parkway
Miramar, Florida 33025