The Story of Versace Cologne and Perfume
Since Gianni Versace first founded his Italian fashion brand in 1978, the name has become synonymous with bright colors and eye-catching prints. Join us as we explore the roots of this fashion colossus and delve into the Versace cologne and perfume options available from Perfumania.
The History of Versace Fragrance
To understand the roots of this megabrand, you have to travel all the way back to Italy in the 1950s. Gianni Versace developed a love for fashion while working for his mother’s sewing business as a young boy. He designed his first-ever dress at the young age of 9, a blue evening gown that he later recreated (and updated) for Princess Diana.
After moving to Milan to be closer to the heart of the industry, he started working for various fashion houses and became the designer of Byblos for Genny in 1973. It was some time before he launched his own business, a single boutique in Milan’s main shopping plaza that opened in 1978. That boutique was family-inspired, drawing from his brother, Santo, and his sister, Donatella, who would succeed him as the head of Versace after his death. But more on that later.
In 1981, the first-ever Versace fragrance was introduced: Gianni Versace for Women. Since that first launch, the brand has been creating unique designer fragrances to complement its fashion line. These delightful fragrances feature premium ingredients blended into a sensual perfume and bottled in a way that is meant to draw attention, just as Versace’s fashion designs. If you’re looking for a high-end fragrance that embraces the sensual while celebrating the individual, Versace should be your first choice.
Versace Fragrance Today
Today’s line of Versace fragrances includes perfumes and colognes that build on the foundation of their predecessors. Each is a delightful scent, designed to celebrate life and love. If you’re searching for a Versace perfume, we have some favorites to share.
Best Versace Cologne and Perfume for Him
Our best-selling Versace fragrance, Eros For Men By Gianni Versace Eau De Toilette Spray, is inspired by Greek mythology, much like the Medusa logo featured on its bottle. The blend of oriental, woody, and fresh notes is perfect for the confident, passionate man.
- Top Notes: green apple, lemon, mint
- Heart Notes: ambroxan, geranium, tonka bean
- Base Notes: cedar, Madagascar vanilla, oakmoss, vetiver
Next up, Man Eau Fraiche Eau de Toilette Spray for Men by Versace blends unusual notes into a harmonious scent that is both surprising and delightful. Again, it hearkens to the brand’s home in the Mediterranean, with scents taken from the aromatic, tonic, and woody families.
- Top Notes: bergamot, Brazilian rosewood, cardamom, lemon, star fruit
- Heart Notes: cedar, pepper, sage, tarragon
- Base Notes: amber, musk, saffron, sycamore
If you’re looking for something with a mineral-floral blend, Versace Pour Homme For Men By Gianni Versace Eau De Toilette Spray is the fragrance for you. This decidedly masculine scent is for the man who is both confident and knowledgeable.
- Top Notes: bergamot, citrus, neroli, petit grain
- Heart Notes: clary sage, cedar, geranium, hyacinth
- Base Notes: amber, musk, tonka bean
Strong and sensual, Dylan Blue For Men By Gianni Versace Eau De Toilette Spray is a great choice for the modern man. It’s sporty and fresh, with Mediterranean roots and a clean finish.
- Top Notes: aquatic notes, Calabrian bergamot, fig leaf, grapefruit
- Heart Notes: ambrox, black pepper, papyrus, patchouli, violet leaf
- Base Notes: frankincense, musk, saffron, tonka bean
Finally, The Dreamer Eau de Toilette Spray for Men by Versace is a floral, sweet scent that is enticing and special. It starts out light and sweet, but quickly becomes masculine and powerful—the perfect blend of everything a modern man aspires to be.
- Top Notes: artemisia, juniper, tarragon
- Heart Notes: flax, iris, lily
- Base Notes: amber, tobacco flower
Best Versace Perfume and Cologne for Her
When shopping for women’s perfumes, it’s hard to beat Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette Spray for Women by Versace. This classic scent offers a fresh, floral scent that somehow seems to attract even those who dislike other floral perfumes. It’s at the same time both youthful and classic, with a scent that lingers long after you spray.
- Top Notes: ice accord, pomegranate, yuzu
- Heart Notes: lotus, magnolia, peony
- Base Notes: acajou wood, amber, musk
Another delightful Versace fragrance, Yellow Diamond For Women By Gianni Versace Eau De Toilette Spray has been a favorite for a decade. It offers a sweet and summery floral fragrance that is perfect for the daytime or anytime you need a little sunshine in your life.
- Top Notes: bergamot, lemon, neroli, pear
- Heart Notes: freesia, mimosa, orange blossom, water lily
- Base Notes: amber wood, musk, palo santo
Ladies, you won’t be left out with Eros Pour Femme For Women By Gianni Versace Eau De Parfum Spray. It’s the perfect trip to the Mediterranean, packaged in a golden bottle that bears the Medusa seal. This scent sings of individuality and sensuality, with a seductive, feminine flair.
- Top Notes: Calabrian bergamot, pomegranate, Sicilian lemon
- Heart Notes: jasmine, lemon blossom, peony
- Base Notes: ambrox, musk, sandalwood
Likewise, the ultra-feminine Dylan Blue Pour Femme For Women By Gianni Versace Eau De Parfum Spray is so much more than a simple compliment to its masculine version. It’s both strong and sensual with a vibrance that won’t be mistaken.
- Top Notes: blackcurrant, clover, forget-me-not, granny smith apple, shisolia
- Heart Notes: jasmine, peach, petalia, rose, rosyfolia
- Base Notes: blond woods, musk, patchouli
The sweet floral fragrance of Crystal Noir For Women By Gianni Versace Eau De Toilette Spray is a delight for evening wear. Allow the fragrance to completely develop for the full experience. You won’t be sorry.
- Top Notes: black fig, blackcurrant, violet
- Heart Notes: frangipani, jasmine, tuberose
- Base Notes: cashmere, sandalwood, vanilla